|Title: ||The Administrative Boundary Maps of China: 1949-2017
||Creators: ||University of Michigan China Data Center
||NUS Contact: ||FENG YIKANG
||External Contact: ||Library Acquisition
This data sources for this map products include the following primary sources:
- The Chronicle of the Administrative Divisions at County Level and Above of the People's Republic of China" (three volumes, 1949-1983)
- The Historical Atlas of the Administrative Divisions of the People's Republic of China
- The annual publications of administrative divisions (1985- 2017)
- The web site of the administrative divisions: www.xzqh.org.
The periods of main changes in administrative divisions
- 1949 – 1954: changes in province-level divisions. In 1949, there was a total of 51 province-level divisions, including 12 municipalities administrated directly by the central government. In 1954, there was a total of 36 province-level divisions, including 3 municipalities administrated directly by the central government.
- 1988: Hainan was established as a province
- 1997: Chongqing was established as a province-level municipality administrated directly by the central government. Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of People’s Republic of China.
- 1999: Macau became a Special Administrative Region of People’s Republic of China.
Map Scale and Projections
- Map Scale: 1: 1 million
- Map Projection: Equal Area Conic Projection
- The Projected Coordinate System: Asia North Albers Equal Area Conic
- Projection parameters:
- Projection: Albers
- False Easting: 0.00000000
- False Northing: 0.00000000
- Central Meridian: 110.00000000
- Standard_Parallel_1: 25.00000000
- Standard_Parallel_2: 47.00000000
- Latitude of Origin: 10.00000000
- Linear Unit: Meter
- Geographic Coordinate System: GCS_Beijing_1954
- Datum: D_Beijing_1954
- Prime Meridian: Greenwich
- Angular Unit: Degree
This dataset contains boundary maps of China from 1949 to 2017.
All maps are saved in Shp file format as polygons, made by ArcMap 10.2.
There is a separate folder for those administrative boundary maps of each year, which includes (1) county map; (2) city map; and (3) province map.
For more details, please refer to the ReadMe files.
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST FOR DATASET
|Citation: ||University of Michigan China Data Center (2018-05-14). The Administrative Boundary Maps of China: 1949-2017. ScholarBank@NUS Repository. [Dataset]. https://doi.org/10.25540/YMRT-TGB0
|Appears in Collections:||Other Dataset|