Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/133197
Title: Mitochondrial variations in the spinal ganglion cells of the slow loris: an electron microscopic study
Authors: Ahmed, M.M.
Kanagasuntheram, R. 
Issue Date: 1976
Citation: Ahmed, M.M., Kanagasuntheram, R. (1976). Mitochondrial variations in the spinal ganglion cells of the slow loris: an electron microscopic study. Journal of Anatomy 121 (2) : 223-230. ScholarBank@NUS Repository.
Abstract: The fine structure of spinal ganglia from seven slow lorises (Nycticebus coucang coucang) was studied following perfusion fixation using different concentrations of glutaraldehyde and post fixation in 1% osmic acid. Two cell types, one light (63%) and the other dark (37%) were reported out of the total number of 425 neurons counted. Almost all the light cells containd filamentous mitochondria, whereas only 35% of the dark cells contained filamentous mitochondria, the other 65% having vacuolated mitochondria. The significance of this mitochondrial variation in the spinal ganglion cells of the slow loris is undecided.
Source Title: Journal of Anatomy
URI: http://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/133197
ISSN: 00218782
Appears in Collections:Staff Publications

Show full item record
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Page view(s)

86
checked on May 21, 2019

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.