Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/46703
Title: Delivery of periodontal therapy by general practitioners in Singapore.
Authors: Ong, G. 
Issue Date: 1990
Source: Ong, G. (1990). Delivery of periodontal therapy by general practitioners in Singapore.. Singapore dental journal 15 (1) : 13-15. ScholarBank@NUS Repository.
Abstract: The objective of this survey was to determine the capacity of general practitioners to deliver periodontal therapy. This study revealed that only 33% of the dentists surveyed routinely carried out periodontal therapy. The remaining 67% selectively or seldom delivered periodontal therapy. Of the variables investigated, the only variable which played a significant role in the delivery of periodontal treatment was the time since graduation of the dentists, all other factors had no significant influence. 35% of practitioners who had graduated less than 5 years ago routinely carried out periodontal treatment, whereas 50% of practitioners who had been in practice for more than 20 years seldom carried out periodontal therapy. The possible reasons for not delivering periodontal treatment more frequently are discussed.
Source Title: Singapore dental journal
URI: http://scholarbank.nus.edu.sg/handle/10635/46703
ISSN: 03775291
Appears in Collections:Staff Publications

Show full item record
Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.

Page view(s)

60
checked on Dec 8, 2017

Google ScholarTM

Check


Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.